FILTERING FAKE* NEWS (aka Misinformation)
Evaluate the websites below to see if they should be trusted or not. Some news stories may be real. Some may be completely false. And some may be misleading or only partially true (which makes them untrustworthy!). Don't know if a news organization is considered trustworthy? Check out this website.
*Remember, "Fake News" is an umbrella term for many different false news, such as:
- Satire: use of humor or exaggeration to critique or mock a person, an organization, or a policy
- False Context: takes an image, quote, or other piece of content and puts it in a new, false context to change its meaning
- Impostor Content: uses a well-known name, brand, or logo to fool people into believing it is authentic content
- Manipulated Content: alters images, videos, or other content from the original version by adding or removing content with editing tools
- Fabricated Content: entirely made up, designed to trick you into thinking it is real